Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beach & Final Thoughts


Written by Jozelyn Burke:

The last few days were pretty relaxing but fun at the same time. On Wednesday we went & checked into our new rooms which were at a beautiful hotel along the beach! After checking in and getting out of our very wet clothes, if you wanted you were able to check out some of the shops along the beach. Then we had dinner and were pretty much in for the evening. The next morning we had breakfast and went to the Manuel Antonio National Park. We walked through to get to the beach and were able to see some animals we would not see on a daily basis in the states. After that we enjoyed some fun in the sun at a beautiful beach! We did run into some squirrel monkeys that came on the beach as well. After the beach we went back to pack up and head back to San Jose. We then packed all items and went to bed kind of early because of the early flight the next day. The final day consisted of traveling home, laughs, flight delays, eating American fast foods, and some final photos together.

This trip I could not describe or give in detail enough by just writing, it is something you would have to do for yourself. It was truely a once in a life time experience that I would never forget. I made a bond with people I never thought I would become close with, had silly jokes over things that no one outside of the trip would understand, and experience things I have never experienced before. This trip also was an eye opener to me. I seen some people who appreciate some of the smallest things in life, while some of us in America including myself, complain over things that are not as big deal of deal as we make them. I seen people happy with so little, while back home I see some that have so much but are unhappy! I think to myself why are things this way? Are we so spoiled that we forget what really matters? Not the money, not the type of phone you have, or the $200 shoes on your feet, but family and enjoying things that are a passion to you and not what society expects from you. I'm back in the U.S and wish that I could go back to Costa Rica just one more time to do it all again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment