Monday, July 16, 2012

Last Day In The Rain Forest

Written By: Montell Herring
The last few days in the Rain Forrest were fun, but a lot of hard work. First we brought sacks of dirt and rocks up hill. It was a grueling and intense day, one member of the group fainted and had to be carried back to the rooms. I can understand, because that was the hottest day we had worked in and the day with the most brutal work, that was our last day in the Rain Forrest however, luckily the next two days were a lot easier. Michael Vaughn and I helped build a wall to stop land slides from running into the creek. After finishing up with the wall, most of the group planted trees along a path deep in the Rain Forrest. However leaving the Rain Forrest wasn't as hard as people made it seem. It was a very long hike, but most of it was down hill. I really enjoyed my time on this trip and I would defiantly do it again in a heart beat!

Coming back to the U.S I have defiantly gained appreciation for the little things. The experience i had in Costa Rica has defiantly made a huge impact on my life and how I see the world now. If I i could, I'd defiantly do it again in a heartbeat, and I recommend every student to apply for the trip, it is worth every penny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment