Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Last Day.

Today is the last day in Costa Rica and this trip has been full of blood, tears, and sweat. The memories of the trip are amazing. Starting with the plane ride here ending with the two hour hike out of the rainfotrest. This experience has changed my life forever. Let me tell you how ... It all started on the third day in Costa Rica when we went to do service work in a little village called La Carpio. The people were so kind and happy. After seeing the way they live and how hard they had to work it really made me apperciate what I have. I'm taking a lot from this time here. I now value the small things in life. For example, in La Carpio they didn't have a proper sewer system something that we take for granted. We don't even think twice. I really apperciate having the oppurnity to come on this trip because it has open my mind to different things and a new culture. I didn't think that I would be able to make it through these twelve days without talking to my mom but I did it. I conquer my fear and went zip lining! I now want to do more service trip like this. It's exciting and also hard work but I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment