Friday, June 29, 2012

Written by Mollie Schillinger

Today was pretty relaxing compared to the past few days we have had. We went to Poas, which is an active volcano. It was really cool and pretty. We walked around that area for awhile, and then we headed to lunch. When they first brought our food out, I was shocked because there were no beans or rice on our plates, I thought it was going to be our first meal without them, but then they brought out a bowl of each... After we got done eating lunch, we went to a mask makers house. The masks were really big and cool. Some of our students even got to put on the masks and dance around them. We got some videos of them too. It was pretty interesting to watch. The only bad part of the day is that we spent a lot of time driving around in the vans. But overall today was really nice and relaxing. It was a much needed break after our work in La Carpio.

Tomorrow we will be heading out into the rain forest. I am really excited, but at the same time, I am kind of nervous. The thing that I think I am the most excited for is the beach. I am also really looking foward to swimming in the water falls and zip lining. I hope I get practice my spanish some more as well. So far, I think I am doing pretty well with it. Yesterday, in La Carpio, I was able to have a full conversation with a woman the spoke no english. It was pretty neat and I was really proud of myself. Well, I guess that's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment